Monday 20 July 2020

Barack Obama Speaks On His First Date With Michelle


‘Michelle’ was assigned to be my adviser. I remember being struck by how tall and beautiful she was,” said Barack Obama


Obama-and-Michelle obama first date

Former President of the United Stated of America (USA) Barack Obama has opened up on how he met his wife Michelle at the law firm she used to work for.

Barack said that when he got a new job as the same law firm where Michelle worked and found our that she was going to be his mentor he was very happy.

“In the luckiest break of my life, ‘Michelle’ was assigned to be my adviser. I remember being struck by how tall and beautiful she was,” said Barack adding that Michelle was not impressed.

The former first lady disclosed that she remained sceptical of the former president even though Barack was loved by everyone in the office.
“In my experience, you put a suit on any half-intelligent black man and white people tended to go bonkers. I was doubtful he would earn the hype,” said Michelle in her memoir Becoming.



However, Barack did not give up and kept on pursuing her. “I asked her out. She refused. I kept asking. She kept refusing,” said Barack adding that his future wife would turn him down time and time again over the course of several weeks, claiming it was because she was his boss.


Nevertheless, after Barack offered to leave his job then asked Michelle out again, and she said yes. The couple then went for their first date which included lunch, a movie, a stroll in the park, a stop at an ice cream shop and ended off with an incredible kiss on a park bench.


“I treated her to the finest ice cream Baskin-Robbins had to offer, our dinner table doubling as the curb. I kissed her, and it tasted like chocolate,” Barack said.
“And with that, I leaned in and everything felt clear,” Michelle summarized in her memoir.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home